DISTRICT 12 GENERAL SERVICE MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, August 2nd, 2018
–District 12 General Service Steering Committee Meeting–
- Call to Order by Nancy (DCMC) @ 6:00pm
- Jacqueline explained the Bridging the Gap use of business cards/instructions for GSRs to explain the process for temporary contacts and the new to AA person to home groups
- This program was developed through the Treatment Committee to help people in treatment understand AA
- She will be making a presentations to clinical staff at a treatment center with help from Treatment Committee volunteers in the future to explain what AA is and isn’t
–District 12 General Service Meeting–
- Call to Order by Nancy (DCMC) @ 7:30 pm
- Open with the Serenity Prayer
- GSR Preamble read by Dyanna
- Welcome to visitors from Dist 6 and 18
- Tradition #8 Workshop Recap: Micaiah
- We are non-professionals; we are not experts, but our experience, strength, and hope qualifies us to carry the message wherever we go.
- Sharing one on-one and doing 12-step calls is what helps to keep us sober.
- We want to extend our hands out to newcomers and keep ourselves open in all our affairs to help someone at the time or be a contact in the future.
- Concept #8 Workshop Recap: David
- The General Service Board deals with larger policy, finance, group relations and leadership of the AAof the two corporations of AA World Services and AA Grapevine.
- The Trustees oversee AA World Services and AA Grapevine through its oversight of the subsidiary boards.
- Secretary’s Report: Tim
- Motion to Approve July minutes
- Seconded – All in favor – Minutes approved
- Please see the secretary with your email if you are not getting the minutes
- Registrar’s Report: No report
- Welcome to new GSRs
- Treasurer’s Report: Dennis
- Dennis has included July’s report and a breakout of all the line items from the first six months in the handout
- The line items can help explain to your groups what the district does with the money from contributions
- DCMC Alt Report: Jason
- No Report
- DCMC’s Report: Nancy
- Attended PRASA 2019 Planning Committee on 7/7
- Attended La Viña 22 Anniversary Event on 7/21
- Next area service meeting is 8/12 registration 9 am
- 2018 Pacific Regional Forum is 9/7-9/9 in San Jose
- Committee Reports
- GSR Orientation – Max
- 4 New GSRs
- All new GSRs got service sponsors
- Cooperation with the Elderly Committee – Joe C
- Joe reported on efforts to develop AA options for seniors who are having a problem with alcohol
- Next meeting 8/11/2018
- Public Information Committee: No report
- Treatment Committee – Jacqueline
- The Committee Meeting is held every 4th Saturday at the Presbyterian Church on Estrella from 9:30 – 11:00
- A Bridging the Gap Presentation will be made at the September District Meeting
- The website and contact information will provide a description of how to be a temporary contact volunteers
- Informational material was made available at check in table
- Area Delegate Jesus presentation on the General Service Conference
- Our Area Delegate Jesus presented the results of the 68th Annual General Service Conference. Items of significance discussed included AA historical tour of NYC, Area 9 presentation, GSC presentation topics, GSC workshop topic, proposals for new literature, approved new literature: “The God Word”, name changes to certain pamphlets, AA safety issues, increase to $5,000 by gifts and bequests, no action on GSC board censure proposal in wake of manuscript litigation, AA financial report. Representatives from District 6 and 18 attended and brought snacks.
- New Business
Christy made an announcement regarding AOCYPAA Rollerama and a meeting in Fullerton 9/1/18
- Recap – N/A provided the District Meeting Recap
***NO SUB-DISTRICT BREAKOUT SESSION***
- Sub District – Issues discussed included: N/A
- July Birthdays
- Congratulations Everyone!!
- Ed 6, Jeff 25, Nancy 34!!
- Close with Responsibility Statement
“I am responsible. …When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that, I am responsible.”
** For Changes to Minutes: Please email Tim A.@ email@example.com ***